Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: GT26 now has brown eyes?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member likewow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Has anyone else noticed that GT26's eyes are now listed in the latest catalog and on the website as brown, not amber? I wonder if they really changed the eye color or if they just renamed it. The close-up picture on the website makes them look brown, but I don't remember how they looked when she was first introduced. Any thoughts? I'm a little disappointed - I plan to get her eventually, probably this year, and I liked the idea of a unique eye color.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 03, 2006 10:16 PM: Message edited by: likewow ]</font>

  2. #2
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    If you look under her description, it still says she has amber eyes. When I pulled up a closeup shot of her it looked like she has greenish brown eyes.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member likewow's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're right - the header says brown eyes and the description still says amber. They looked dark brown to me at first, and then I checked on another monitor and they look almost yellow-brown. I remember when she was introduced some people thought her eye color was a little weird and I wonder if they tweaked it because of that.

  4. #4
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    I hope they don't change it...! I think the eyes are really awesome looking!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope her eyes stay amber! They're so pretty.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    AGT26's eyes are absolutely beautiful.

    Honestly, I'm not sure I'd call the eyes that my Raven has "amber". They're more of a hazel, as they appear to be brown with a bit of a greenish color to them, but a very different hazel than AGT21's.

    I was a bit unsure of the color when I first saw them being called "amber." I've always associated "amber" with the color of the "stone," which is a more goldish color, but does vary a lot. Most of the amber I've seen (and the bit I have) is a very golden-brown color, and would really look quite strange as an eye color.

    I don't think there'd be any loss in them saying she has brown eyes instead of amber, as long as they don't change her eye color. However, a different name that makes it obvious her eyes aren't the same as the "light brown" or "dark brown" eyes might be a good idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •